Who We Are | FIRST in Michigan
- We are a 501(C)(3) Non-Profit Corporation.
- A volunteer based organization spread over 16 districts throughout Michigan.
- Led by a board of directors of 20-30 members representing broadly all 16 districts and other key FIRST partners in Michigan.
- To establish a sustainable FIRST Robotics Competition team at every high school in Michigan.
- To foster early interest in the
FIRST Robotics Competition through
Junior FIRST LEGO League in the early elementary schools, FIRST LEGO League in late elementary to early middle schools and FIRST Tech Challenge in late middle schools.
- Strive to make FIRST's vision, Michigan's vision.
- Increase FIRST visibility in the state, especially through its board of directors.
- Increase effectiveness by being closer to teams, sponsors, mentors, educators, foundations, government, business, and media.
- Better manage FIRST's financial needs and resources in the state.
- Be a model FIRST chartered affiliate.
- Build on the continuous growth, started in 1993, of FIRST Robotics teams in Michigan high schools.
- Establish FIRST in Michigan as the “alma mater” for all alumni of FIRST programs in the state.